Lists & Links | RPG Malaysia
RPG Malaysia : RPG-friendly game shops
- Located in SS15 Subang Jaya, Wira boasts a wide selection of Warhammer products, and welcomes roleplayers. After a recent ownership change this store is now under the same ownership as RNG Games. One of my favourite hangouts.
- A game cafe with a large selection of board games and card games. Several roleplaying groups (including mine) frequently rent tables here, and the cafe has D&D rulebooks on the reading shelf, including classic AD&D books.
- Located upstairs from All Aboard, The Attic is a clubhouse-like gaming space (not a store) for miniature wargaming, model hobbyists and other tabletop games. Reasonable table charges for members and non-members.
- Although primarily a trading card game store, Cards & Hobbies welcomes roleplaying groups.
- Sells far more than just comics, including board games, card games, miniatures, collectibles and a selection of RPG books (D&D and other games). D&D Adventurer’s League plays here on Wednesday nights. You pay RM12 to join in and get a drink included.
- This tabletop game shop caters to card gamers but also retains support for miniature wargaming and roleplaying, a carryover from its predecessor, the now-defunct Dragon GameZ.
- This hobby shop in Sri Petaling sells Magic cards and provides a place for boardgaming and miniature wargaming. You can find D&D and other RPGs being played here on most Friday nights.
- Located in Ipoh Parade, this café serves the new generation of boardgamers. It is roleplaying-friendly and also serves a selection of snacks.
- Despite its name, this Sabahan store offers card games, board games and miniature wargaming.
- Our northern gaming outpost. Board games, card games, miniature wargaming and roleplaying, with drinks and coffee.
- Located in the cool hills of Wangsa Maju, The Safehouse (formerly Spartan Games Arena) supports a wide variety of board games, card games and miniature games (more than just Warhammer). Roleplaying groups are known to play here.
- This store in Bandar Sunway sells trading card games and offers boardgame rentals. It is quite friendly to miniature wargamers and roleplayers like.
Tabletop gaming blogs
- My longtime friend, the northernmost gamer geek in Malaysia, a freelance artist, an academic translator, a kickass Star Wars gamemaster since 1989.
- Hailing from a small gaming tribe hidden in the mountains and jungles of Borneo, the Questing GM is on a quest to search for the long lost secrets of gaming Enlightenment.
- The design blog for the made-in-Malaysia tabletop RPG, Savage Flower Kingdom.
- A blog by one of the most prolific boardgamers in Kuala Lumpur. Reviews, opinions and more.
- Small ghost stories and RPG material from Zedeck Siew, inspired by Malaysian culture.
- Formerly known as Learn to Play Tabletop Roleplaying Games. One of the best resources for learning about tabletop RPGs.
- Lowell Francis' blog lovingly chronicles the histories of roleplaying genres.
- Ewen Cluney designs roleplaying games with anime influences and lightweight rules mechanics.
- Opinionated, profane and sharp advice for running D&D and other games.
- Tabletop board game reviews and the occasional RPG.
RPG Malaysia : FB groups and pages
- A tabletop gaming group started by some of my friends. A lot of discussion about RPGs other than D&D.
- The home for organised play of Pathfinder RPG adventure paths in Malaysia.
- An active community for discussing RPGs other than D&D.
- The main discussion group for all things D&D in Malaysia. Active and full of friendly gamers. While the old D&D Malaysian Adventurers League is no longer active due to the change in how organised play is supported, many of the same people are still active in this group.
- The group for keeping in touch with our local live-action roleplayers. The primary place to discuss Maelstrom, a genuine boffer LARP held in the Selangor area.
- For discussing tabletop gaming in the state of Sabah.
RPG Malaysia : YouTube channels
- Computer gaming videos galore
- Mildly eccentric computer gaming geekery
- Roleplaying geekery and more
- Model modding videos